Friday 7 January 2011

Relax...NOW!!

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...

I just heard something go clank as it was dropped out of the neighbor's car onto the pavement. Better a clank than a thud or the screaming and arguing that we often hear. Today was overcast and unbelievably windy. We are supposedly under a winter storm watch, according to one source, but Intellicast just says it's 53 and overcast.


I am thinking...

And contemplating taking my knitting and heading to Borders. That would mean I have to sort of socialize, which I ordinarily enjoy but I'm feeling a bit reclusive so...maybe...maybe not.


I am thankful for...

Games that can be played in zen mode so I can slow down, breathe, and relax. The past month and a half have been stressful but I try to play that down and then I just internalize the stress. I alternate between games in which I can kill mass quantities of zombies and those in which I'm constantly beating myself up for not getting a high score. Must...slow...down.

From the kitchen...

Not much happening there. Must retrain myself to cook by taking baby steps.

I am wearing...

Red shirt with my jeans because this came across Facebook this morning:

IT'S RED FRIDAY- Remember our troops today and always! By wearing RED on Friday, we are making it known, we support those in the armed forces for their service and sacrifice. We will not forget them! Please join us in wearing RED on your profile today.


I am creating...

Remember that Doctor Who scarf? Nearly halfway finished on it. Small sense of accomplishment there.

(yes, I realize the font changed mysteriously but I'm not going to worry about it and neither should you...really...let it go...count to ten...relax)

I am going...

I already went to 3 grocery stores with Dad earlier and a quickie drive-through Arby's. I take him grocery shopping twice a week - you know, he gets out more than I do on a normal basis.


I am reading...

Yes! I am down to the last 50 pages of Deathly Hallows! I will finish this today, come hell or high water.


I am hoping...

Borders has a copy of World War Z because I just heard it recommended on a podcast and it sounds quite intriguing.


I am hearing...

Actually, I just finished listening to a new podcast, A Good Story is Hard to Find. The book they discussed was The Reapers are the Angels. Very interesting and thought-provoking discussion. I'll add this to my never-ending list of podcasts and look forward to their next episode in which they are going to switch from a book to a movie...Serenity. :-)


Around the house...

Things are too quiet.

One of my favorite things...

Clementines! I still have some left from Christmas...but don't tell the kids or they would scoff them up. :-D


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tomorrow, I would like to spend the day sewing. We shall see how that works.


From my picture journal...

Christmas day and the kids found the Clementines!


No comments: