Tuesday 11 January 2011

The Icy Aftermath

FOR TODAY - January 11, 2011...or 1/11/11

Outside my window...

The snow and ice has pretty much turned to ice and slush. It's only 32 degrees, though, so you have to wonder how much of it will really melt.

I am thinking...
There are people out there driving around who need to get somewhere and I feel sorry for them. But there are also total idiots who are driving like maniacs and doing doughnuts in front of my house. They should just end up in a ditch so they don't endanger anyone else.

I am thankful for...
Electricity and gas, food and drink, Internet, cable...and lots of yarn! I don't need to drive in that mess and boy am I glad!

From the kitchen...
I'm thinking something simple like noodles and tomatoes for today. And hot chocolate.

I am wearing...
Oh, lord, I'm still in my jammies. That needs to be rectified soon.

I am creating...
Playing with yarns for the new shawl. The pattern is called Faraway and So Close but I'm calling it Faraway and Snow Close in honor of our weather right now. Tried to work on it last night whilst watching Star Wars but I didn't have good light and I think I missed a yarn-over. I'm one stitch short.

I am going...
To upload the rest of the photos of the craziness that is snow in Atlanta.

I am reading...
Just getting into World War Z. I like the style of writing but I just don't set aside enough time to read. This business of reading before I go to sleep just isn't getting me anywhere.

I am hoping...
Nobody I know needs to leave the house while it's so nasty out there.

I am hearing...
Crunching of tires outside and the neighbor kids sounding like they are demolishing their bedroom. Living in a condo does really suck sometimes.

Around the house...
It is freaking cold! Downstairs you need about 3 pairs of socks to stay warm. Upstairs is not much better.

One of my favorite things...
Oatmeal with raisins and a little applesauce for sweetener. I do like starting a winter day off with that and a cup of coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Staying off the roads as much as possible, getting some knitting done, updating the calendars to reflect the performances we have for the next few months.

From my picture journal...
the truck that nearly took down the brick wall after doing doughnuts in the road.

No comments: