Thursday 6 January 2011

Thursday's Musings

FOR TODAY


Outside my window...

It's 32degrees with scattered clouds. Someone's smoking outside and, even with the best of my efforts to roll towels up and smoosh them onto the windowsills to fill in any cracks, I can still smell smoke. sigh.

I am thinking...

It's nice to wake up without a headache. I've been plagued with them for several days and will be talking to my neuro about this when I take my dad to see him later this month.

I am thankful for...

See above note about the headache. ;-)

From the kitchen...

I believe I'll do something creative with the yellow squash and zucchini. Haven't decided quite what to do yet, though.


I am wearing...

A long-sleeved Nutcracker tee from GBT, yoga pants, and socks (because today I learned that going without the socks is just ridiculous.)


I am creating...

The Doctor Who scarf is about one-third of the way finished! Last night, I watched 4 or 5 episodes of Bones (can't remember which, sorry) and just knitted away. It's growing so fast that I can't get the whole scarf in the photo for my Ravelry update.


I am going...

To pick up my glasses because my replacement lens is ready. I'm glad it was still under warranty and I get a free lens.


I am reading...

Still slowly trudging along with the last 150 pages of Harry Potter 7. If I wouldn't fall asleep so easily, I'd get more accomplished. I remember the days when I could read for hours before I fell asleep.


I am hoping...

to find some fun pens at Hobby Lobby. After a recommendation on Facebook yesterday, I must go exploring there. Some yarn may jump into my buggy, too, but I'll try to be good.

I am hearing...

Trying to listen to some knitting podcasts. Stitch It wouldn't download and now I'm trying for Yarns From the Plain. Just tried Marc Gunn's Irish and Celtic Music podcast and Google Chrome seems to be having problems finding libsyn. Great.


Around the house...

Today will be laundry and vacuuming...and checking to see if all the Christmas decorations are down.


One of my favorite things...

Dad's car has heated seats. I am getting very spoiled this winter!


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Continue getting up early and work on going to bed at a decent time. This is actually working out well, as long as I stay away from those late-night sessions of Undead Nightmare. Get the girls' pajama pants cut out and have a sewing session on Saturday.

From my picture journal...

Looking back at the parking situation at its greatest level of annoyance. This was the night the neighbors had a party and we lost count of how many cars came and went and proceeded to completely block in everyone else who lived in the building. Oh yeah, those were the days.


No comments: