Wednesday 5 January 2011

Daily Thoughts

From one of the many blogs I read, The Simple Woman, here is my first attempt at a daily journal.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Earlier, I woke up to the sound of hammering somewhere across the way, behind the wooded area. 45 degrees and overcast.

I am thinking...
My feet are cold and I should go find some warm socks but I'm too lazy.

I am thankful for...
My dad's recovery after his operation and his eyesight getting better so he can work his daily crossword puzzles.

From the kitchen...
This year, I am going to be more productive and actually get back to cooking.

I am wearing...
My Shakespeare Tavern tee shirt and some yoga pants. But no socks. And I am cold. Silly me.

I am creating...
A 14th Season Doctor Who scarf because I have been a fan too long not to have made one.

I am going...
Nowhere today if I can help it.

I am reading...
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...still...because I only pick it up right before I go to sleep and it's taking forever. But it's the third or fourth read-through, so that's okay. I know how it ends.

I am hoping...
That I hear soon about the data entry job I'm needing desperately.

I am hearing...
The ticking of the clock and the occasional car driving down the street. It's peaceful.

Around the house...
It is very quiet. The coffee is on and there is a lovely aroma in the kitchen.

One of my favorite things...
I bought a new book last night on Rob's recommendation - The Affinity Bridge by George Mann

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Make good progress on the Doctor Who scarf, get back in the swing of school again with Giuli (lesson plans!), take a couple of boxes of books over to Dad's for storage, evaluate the knitting works in progress and make a schedule for the sewing and knitting that needs to be done.

From my picture journal:




1 comment:

Mrs. W said...

Thanks for sharing your day book with me, you are going to laugh but my hubby's nickname is Wombo- it comes from our last name Wombacher