Thursday 26 March 2009

Bad Blogger, No Cookie...

In spite of the lack of posts for the past couple of weeks, I have been a little productive in my knitting. So, here are some pictures...

Last night, I started a new pair of socks for moi! I wanted to play around with a toe-up pattern using a figure-8 cast on, which I love, love, love! I don't think I will ever be able to go back to a provisional cast on. I am using some Plymouth Enclore DK Weight yarn that I got at Smiley's a few years ago. It's a wool/acrylic blend. I really like the little bit of purple that is in the colourway. I may at some point order some more of this yarn and get a coordinating solid to do contrasting toes and heels. Oh, yeah, since I started this design whilst watching Jurassic Park, I guess I'll have to call these my Jurassic socks.



These are the fingerless gloves that were supposed to be finished for Giuli's birthday but missed by a couple of weeks. I did have one finished on time, though! The colour and yarn are the same as the slouch hat that I made for her for Christmas. Of course, the weather is about past the time for wearing hats and gloves but I think they will fit her for some time to come so she should get a decent amount of wearing out of them.



And here is Heather's birthday present in its finished state. Hooray! It turned out to be about 5' x 6' so I think it will make a decent-sized bed cover or sofa throw. The colour patterning is my secret recipe which means I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you.



On a more somber note, today Dan Coats passed away at age 61. He was half of the duo England Dan and John Ford Coley (that would be back in the dark ages of the 70's for you youngsters out there). I happen to have their cd and am listening to it now. Oh, lordy, talk about some memories. Whew!

Returning you to your regularly scheduled programming now as I return to my sock knitting and, hopefully, more frequent posting.

1 comment:

Daniele said...

You certainly have been knitting! I'm loving those socks. I just learned a Turkish cast-on. I wonder how different the two are??

I had heard about Dan Seals. Wonderful musician. I'm sure he will be missed.